Most cosmetic surgery procedures are performed at the Newgate Surgery Center, our own state-of-the-art surgery center connected directly to our office. The Newgate Surgery Center is a state licensed, Medicare certified ambulatory surgical facility specially equipped for cosmetic surgery procedures. Our patients tell us that they prefer having their procedures in our private, discreet setting, with the personalized care we are able to give in our own surgery center.
Insurance and Billing
Treatment Authorization/ Pre-certifications
Your Insurance Representative
Our Patient Representative will provide you with an estimate of the facility fee based on your scheduled procedure.
Your Facility Fee Includes:
Medications and Supplies
The Facility Fee DOES NOT Include:
23-hour Stay for Observation (if needed)
Payments can be made by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover.
Your Medicare and secondary insurance cards are required at the time of admission.
Newgate Surgery Center will accept the amount that Medicare allows for your approved procedure. Medicare will pay 80% of the allowed amount. The remaining 20% will be your responsibility and/or that of your secondary insurance company.
If you do not have a secondary insurance company, you be asked to pay your 20% portion at the time of your admission.
You can expect your first statement from Newgate Surgery Center 30 days after your secondary insurance carrier has been billed. If you do not have a secondary insurance carrier and/or you were not able to remit your portion at admission, your first statement will arrive shortly after your procedure date.
It has been our experience that a procedure not paid by Medicare is also not paid by secondary carriers. In this instance, you may be responsible for a portion of the total fee.
Newgate Surgery Center will make every effort to contact your insurance company prior to your procedure to verify your coverage. This verification does not constitute a guarantee of payment by your insurance company.
Your deductible and any portion not covered by your insurance company is due at admission.
Your insurance company will be billed two days after your procedure. You can expect your statement 30 days later. If payment is not received from your insurance company within 45 days, the balance of your account will become your full responsibility.
Treatment Authorization/ Pre-certifications
Please make sure that you familiarize yourself with any treatment authorization or pre-certification that may be required by your insurance company or reimbursement agent. Your insurance company may deny your claim or apply penalty without proper authorization initiated by your physician.
If your primary or secondary insurance company is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), you will be responsible for obtaining all authorizations and/or pre-certifications from your primary care physician.
You will be asked to prepay all charges at the time of admission. If you need financial assistance, payment arrangements can be made by special request.
If you are eligible for Medicaid at the time of admission, we will bill Medicaid for all charges. Your Medicaid card is required at the time of admission.
If you are eligible under the Medically Needy Program (or are attempting to obtain Medicaid), you will need to have your caseworker contact Newgate Surgery Center at 239-263-6766 so that your eligibility can be verified. After your procedure, we will send you a copy of your medical claim. This claim must be delivered to your caseworker in order to determine your eligibility.
If you are ineligible for Medicaid, you will be responsible for the entire balance.
Your Workers’ Compensation claim must be authorized prior to your procedure. Please provide our Patient Representative with the name, address, and phone number of your insurance company and adjuster so that we may obtain the required authorization.
If your surgery is due to an accident and you are involved in litigation, you will be responsible for 50% of surgical fees. A Newgate Surgery Center Letter of Protection signed by you and your attorney will cover the remaining portion. If you are unable to acquire this Letter of Protection signed by your attorney, you will be responsible for you balance in full.
Your Insurance Representative:
To assist you through the billing process, you may contact one of our Insurance Representative at 239-263-6766.
To assist you with your billing questions, you may contact the following providers:
|Anesthesia||SW Florida Anesthesia and Pain Management||239-332-5344|
|Pathology||Naples Pathology Associates||239-263-1777|
|Observation||North Collier/ Naples Community Hospital||239-436-5000|